Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Votive Candle Ring

Are you in need of a last-minute gift for someone? Maybe you find yourself short on time this year, but you want to make some small gifts ahead of time to be better prepared for next year. If so, this project may fill the bill.

This craft was inspired by my Furry Wreath Ornaments made with yarn and a Mason jar lid. You can see the full tutorial on those by clicking here.

I was gazing at our tree in the great room one evening when the thought occurred to me that these furry wreaths would also make great votive candle rings. Since I had an even dozen and didn't want to break up the set (Ha!), I wondered what else I could use for a similar look. That's when I remembered I had picked up a skein of this Yarn Bee Gilt Eyelash Holographics yarn (color = Diamonds) at Hobby Lobby. I didn't know what I would do with it at the time, but it was too pretty to pass up. It reads silver with an iridescent quality that makes it especially great for Christmas projects.

I repeated the process I used for the Furry Wreath Ornaments - wrapped the yarn around and around a canning jar lid/ring & tied it off at the end. You can't see the knot.

It really shimmers and is the perfect size to use for a votive candle ring.

So easy! So pretty!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

5 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bit of bling! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and adorable! Thanks for sharing it at The Crafty Corner link party. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very festive looking! Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 34 for All Things Christmas. Shared.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.