Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Make-Ahead Projects 3

Imagine opening up your Christmas storage boxes next year to find new decor and/or gifts that were already completed. Wouldn't it feel great to know you had fewer things to do in that last rush-rush time between Thanksgiving and Christmas? Here's another project you could do now or in the slower month of January to help make that possible.

I used the same yarn I purchased for Candy Cane Makeover 1. You can see that project by clicking here. This is Isaac Mizrahi Craft yarn - color is Rockefeller.

The yarn is creamy white - wrapped with a variegated iridescent thread - very pretty!

I wrapped the yarn around foam cones for these trees - no glue - tucked the ends under. You could use a dab of glue or a straight pin to secure the ends. For the first tree, I didn't stray from a horizontal pattern and just kept wrapping until the cone was covered - going up and down again a few times. For the second one, I wrapped horizontally - but a little more haphazardly - so it didn't look quite so neat - again going up and down again a few times - until the foam was covered. Then, I wrapped some vertical pieces for added interest.

To finish them off, I glued a button to the top of each one. . .

and glued a metal canning lid to the bottom of one for a simulated trunk.

I displayed these both with and without the candlesticks during the Christmas season, as they aren't glued to the candlesticks.

I seem to be amassing quite a cone tree collection!

Up next: A project using the same yarn I used for my Votive Candle Ring.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

P.S. If you haven't checked the Snowfall Chart page for a while, we're now over 8 feet - and the snow is still falling!

2 comments:

  1. That yarn is beautiful! Love how the trees turned out. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I like them! Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 34 for All Things Christmas. Shared.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.