Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Monday, December 19, 2016

Candy Cane Makeover 1

I wanted some candy canes for the Christmas tree in the great room, but I didn't want them to be red, so I gave some Dollar Tree candy canes a makeover. This project started with 2 packages of these plastic candy canes.

I found this Isaac Mizrahi Craft yarn at Michael's.

The color is Rockefeller.

Here's a detail shot of the yarn. It's creamy white wrapped with an interesting variegated shiny thread.

I started at the bottom and continued wrapping tightly all the way around the top.

To finish it off, I used a bit of hot glue to secure the end of the thread.

Super simple & super quick.

The knots in the thread really shine when we turn on the Christmas tree lights.

I have another candy cane makeover (using some old plastic candy canes that almost ended up in the trash) coming up next on the blog.

Oh, and we're now officially up to 82" of snow! Are we in for a record-breaking year? Time will tell!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

5 comments:

  1. Pretty. What a great way to dress up an ordinary candy cane. I love going to the Keewanau in the summer and checking out the snow totals sign. Now I can keep track through your blog! 82 inches already! I can't imagine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you stopping by the blog! The Keweenaw is a different place in the winter. You know you're in a different world when the person in front of you at the bank's drive-up window is on a snowmobile. We love it here!

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I'm going to remember this.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yarn is so unique. Love how the candy canes turned out! Wow, now that's a lot of snow!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.