Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Candy Cane Makeover 2

Mr. Cut Off recently spent some time organizing boxes in the basement. When it was time to bring the Christmas boxes upstairs, guess what happened? I had one more box than last year - a box that must have been stashed in another area. This is a box I haven't seen since our last Christmas in Saginaw in 2010, so it really was like Christmas when I unpacked it. I was delighted to find a few precious items I had forgotten about, but I also found some items I will put in a donation box after Christmas. There was a bag with 10 old plastic candy canes, and I wondered why on earth I had saved them. I snatched them up and headed for the waste basket. I was halfway through the kitchen when I suddenly realized they were perfect candidates for a makeover. 

The candy canes could be used this year if I covered them with some tinsel wire garland I already had on hand (purchased on clearance last year).

Since I used a wire garland, it was simple to wind and secure it around the candy canes.

10 candy canes were finished in no time at all.

They were the perfect addition to a small tree on the stair landing.

They look really cute. I'm so glad I didn't throw those old plastic candy canes in the trash.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Candy canes. . . sweet. . . I get it! Love ya, Lori!

      Delete
  2. Another cute transformation! But, I gotta admit that I love the old vintage plastic candy canes. Especially if they've yellowed a little and look time worn. lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally speaking, I do love time worn, but these aren't especially vintage - probably from the 80's. No harm was done to the candy canes. If I ever decide I want to use yellowed candy canes that have an unraveling red plastic stripe, they're safely preserved under the wire garland!

      Delete
  3. Love it! So creative! Thanks for sharing at DI & DI :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.