Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Thursday, December 15, 2016

1 Skein = 5 Projects (plus 1)

After I made my Yummy Yarn Christmas Trees, I still had lots of yarn left on my skein of Bernat Blanket BIG yarn. (It's about $10/skein at Michael's.) I told you I had plans for the rest of the skein, and I'm back today to announce that I have now used up that entire skein. 

If you would like to see the full tutorial on the Yummy Yarn Christmas Trees, click here. That's the post about the 8", 11" and 14" trees. (Oh no! As I was typing that last sentence, I remembered that I actually made 6 projects out of this skein - but one project is a gift for someone dear, so I didn't photograph it. I will tell you that the gift used up about as much yarn as an 8" tree.) 

OK, after making the 3 smallest trees (and the gift), I decided to make a larger tree using a sheet of poster board. I rolled the poster board into a 24" tall cone and taped it with package sealing tape to hold the shape. I then used my hot glue gun to adhere the yarn to the cone - starting at the bottom.

I used a poinsettia clip for the top - securing it with hot glue.

All done!

I love the chenille texture of this yarn.

It's sitting on a cheese box on top of the armoire in the great room this year.

Since I still had more yarn, I used the last of it to cover a 14.5" wire wreath form.

When I say I used the last of it, I really used the last of it. I had just enough to cover the entire form and used the 2 tails to form a bow. I tied a knot at the end of each tail. No yarn left - not even an inch!

I'll leave this wreath on our front door all winter.

So. . . if you were wondering how many projects you could get out of a skein of Bernat Blanket BIG yarn, the answer could be 5 (plus 1)!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

3 comments:

  1. These are super cute. I love anything made with yarn. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I understand - a yarn obsession going on here!

      Delete
  2. Oh, cute matching set!! Looks pretty. Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 34 for All Things Christmas. Shared.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.