Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, December 30, 2016

Make-Ahead Projects 4

Today's post is the 4th of 5 posts giving you project ideas you can do now to avoid the Christmas rush in 2017. All of these projects have my typical project characteristics: fast & simple! 

I guess it's no secret that I'm obsessed with cone trees this year. I like the simple lines and the fact that they can be decorated in so many ways and used in so many ways - alone or in groups, in vignettes or in tablescapes. I made today's project with the same yarn I used for my Votive Candle Ring. You can see that project by clicking here. I'm calling this project my Holographic Yarn Tree.

The yarn was purchased at Hobby Lobby. It's a Yarn Bee Gilt Eyelash Holographics yarn - color is Diamonds. The photos do not do it justice. It reads silver and the iridescent quality really makes it sparkle. The look is very similar to tinsel, but it's softer.

I simply did the usual - wrapped the yarn around & around a cone until it was completely covered.

I topped it off with a red snowflake ornament. Too precious! My mom loves silver, so I made another one for her.

Wouldn't this one be lovely on top of a crystal or silver candlestick?

Project #5 is up next. It's another tree, but it turned out to be my favorite of 2016. If I don't find the time to post it tomorrow, come back for a look on Monday.

Snowfall update: We're above 100" now!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I have some of that sparkly yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's no such thing as too much sparkle, right?!

      Delete
  2. So fun and glitzy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sparkly! I'll have to pick up some of this yarn to make something cute for my niece. It's perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donella. Your niece is a lucky girl to have an aunt like you!

      Delete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.