Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Thursday, October 1, 2015

So Blessed, So Thankful

10 years today! 

I've been married to "Mr. Perfect For Me" for 10 years! 

He's the wonderful man who carved "SH + JH" into the bark of one of our Keweenaw trees when I was still JW. As the tree aged and the years ticked by, the message of love he carved into that bark was starting to become illegible. That wouldn't do, so he spent hours carving a new sign on a piece of wood as a surprise for me down in Saginaw one deer season. It's now affixed to the same spot on the same tree between our Keweenaw house and barn. 

We've been talking about our wedding day lately - how we came out to this property with our guests that day for photographs - and how we were dreaming about living here. It took a while, but we're here! And there's no place we would rather be.
(2005 Wedding Day Photo Credit: Lori Brady)

I am so blessed and so thankful to be spending my life with Steve. He was well worth waiting for, because the Lord knew he really was perfect for me.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.