Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Monday, October 5, 2015

Super Simple Wreath

If you read the post about my T.P. pumpkins, you may remember that one of my favorite things about them is the fact that I can deconstruct them without hurting the fabric or the roll of T.P. That inspired me to think about doing a fall wreath in a similar way. I purchased a foam wreath form at Dollar Tree and decided to wrap it with a winter scarf.

This particular scarf is pretty wide, so I started by folding it in half the long way.

I tucked under the fringe at one end and pinned it to the wreath form with straight pins. Since the pins would be on the back and weren't going to show, I used pins with pink heads to make them easier to photograph.

I then started wrapping the scarf around the wreath form.

When the form was completely wrapped, I tucked under the fringe again and secured it with 3 more pins on the back.

Next, I grabbed a roll of burlap ribbon and some artificial leaves from the Dollar Tree.

I cut a piece of burlap ribbon the length I wanted for hanging. . .

and used another straight pin to secure 3 artificial leaves to the wreath. The leaves don't "read" as shiny in person as they do in all these photos. They're more muted.

Lastly, I used a tack to hang it from the top edge of the window casing.

The scarf will be worn with a winter coat again when the wreath is deconstructed, and everything else can be reused.

Super cheap! Super simple!

The colors are really beginning to pop now - should reach peak next weekend.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.