Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, October 2, 2015

Harvest Moon Eclipse

I've been working on editing photos of the laundry room. Every time I think I'm almost done, I change something again, so you'll have to be patient a while longer. In the meantime, I'm posting some eclipse photos for you today. 

We had planned to watch the sunset and the eclipse, but I ended up with a migraine on Sunday. It didn't look like it was going to be possible, but I had recovered sufficiently enough by 8:00 p.m. that I told Steve we would go ahead with our plans. It was too late to drive up Brockway Mountain, but we decided on Eagle River as an acceptable alternative. We missed all but the last few rays of the sunset, so we also missed the first glimpses of the rising moon. Thus, I'm not sure if it was red when it first rose above the horizon. The evening was warm, so we were very comfortable being outside; and it was wonderful to listen to the sound of Lake Superior waves as we were gazing at the sky. Here's the first photo I snapped of the full moon.

The moon dodged a few clouds for a while.

It cleared up again, and we were treated to this. . .

and the total eclipse.

It was REALLY dark out there for those last few shots. We left at that point, as it was getting late, but we enjoyed the experience.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.