Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wash - Dry

I've decided I have too many photos to put in one post about the laundry room, so I'm breaking it up into several shorter posts before I show you the photos of the entire room.

As is true for most of the house, the laundry room is still a work in progress. There's trim work to do, of course, and we don't have the door on the closet yet. Eventually. . . I would like to put a sliding barn-style door on the doorway between the laundry room and kitchen. We also plan to build a pantry into the laundry room - hopefully in the next year or so. We like to buy in bulk when we find lower prices on pantry items like coffee, canned goods, baking supplies and pasta, so a pantry for additional storage on the main floor will come in real handy. The pantry will be about the same width as the coat closet, but not as deep. I recently added my grandma's old wooden ironing board to that corner. I lived with that for about a day before deciding it looked a little too blah. So, I used my laptop and printer to create & print 4 small signs on burlap.

I then used fusible bonding tape (like Stitch Witchery) to iron them onto a length of wide burlap ribbon.

I also used the fusible tape to hold the burlap ribbon onto a thin dowel and tied some twine on the dowel for hanging.  

Lastly, I removed a few of the horizontal threads at the bottom edge of the burlap ribbon to create more of a fringe.

Another simple project.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.