Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

What a Drip! (Wed. Mid-Morning Update)

Steve is outside rearranging the snow with the plow truck, and it's still snowing and blowing heavily. The snow and drifts are so deep that he can only just chip away at it a little at a time - or he'll get stuck, stuck, stuck! He just talked to the spray foam company again, and it was decided that the crew is called off for the day, but they're going to pour the coals to her tomorrow and Friday. The crew has another job previously scheduled on Monday and Tuesday but plan to be back here on Wednesday of next week. When Steve and I were discussing things last evening, we had already resigned ourselves to the fact they couldn't possibly be done by the end of this week. We're now hoping for the end of next week, but we don't want to allow ourselves to be too optimistic about that timeline either.

On the positive side, we haven't been sleeping well and were feeling somewhat overwhelmed by everything last night and this morning, so we welcome the break today. Steve will be outside working with the snow most of the day, of course, but this is a mental and emotional break we probably needed. As disappointing as it is that the crew won't be here on Monday and Tuesday, we'll probably need that break, too. 

Here's the forecast for next week:

We're in the pink. So, it looks like Steve will be busy rearranging snow again then.

Since I still have a headache, I may wait until tomorrow to show you the photos I snapped of yesterday's destruction de-construction.

All is still well (with our souls) in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.