Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, February 19, 2016

What a Drip! (Part 10)


Let's start at the beginning of the day yesterday. I got up early to get dinner started in the crockpot. I began thawing a turkey breast in the refrigerator a few days ago with a plan to make it yesterday. Little did I know that the timing would turn out to be perfect for a Thanksgiving type meal. 

Our crew showed up exactly on time and got right to work with Steve. They finished the T&G boards and repaired those few spots on the great room ceiling where the insulation had leaked through - all before lunch. After lunch, they reinstalled the remaining trim and wiped down the ceiling fans for us. Before we knew it, the scaffolding was coming DOWN and the clean up had started. 

Have you ever noticed how foam packing peanuts tend to cling to everything due to static electricity? The same is true for foam insulation. Little shreds tend to cling to everything including furniture, floors and feet. Even though most things were covered in plastic sheeting, we still had foam pieces everywhere. Steve quickly vacuumed the great room with our old vacuum cleaner while the guys packed up their truck. Then, they moved the large furniture pieces back into place for us and were leaving our driveway by 2:30 p.m.

I got out the new vacuum cleaner (with better suction) and went around the edges of the room with the crevice tool. Then, I thoroughly vacuumed all the upholstered furniture and started vacuuming the floor a second time. That's when I remembered something. I had been so excited to start nesting again that I forgot to take any photographs. So, I stopped in my tracks and grabbed the camera. Here's what they finished yesterday.

Not too bad, huh? Plus, clean ceiling fans!

Beginning to get things back together:

I stopped snapping photos and went back to work. You can't imagine how many little foam pieces we vacuumed up. I concentrated on cleaning the main level and Steve was giving the stairs, the upstairs and the basement their first going over. (Like I said, foam was everywhere!) I finished the floors, dusted and got the lamps and a few other items back into place before I had to stop and finish dinner.

When dinner was ready, Steve gave thanks, and we enjoyed our "thanksgiving" meal of turkey breast, mashed potatoes & gravy and a nice salad. 

We have errands to run this afternoon and more work to do to get things back to where they were when the big drip started, but we're so, so thankful to have all this behind us. The chaos and stress has been exhausting for both of us, but the outcome was better than we had dared hope. The Lord is so good!

All is well (and almost back to normal) in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a family-friendly blog.