Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

What a Drip! (Part 8)

There's nothing more enjoyable than listening to the sound of an air compressor and hammers when you have a headache - like I do today. But, it's the sound of progress, so I'll gladly put up with some discomfort in order to move further toward the goal of getting my house back.

With Steve's guidance, the crew did make a lot of progress yesterday. They spent the entire day working in the loft area. I do my best to stay out of everyone's way during the work day, so I was delighted to see what they had done when I left the master bedroom sanctuary. Nothing had changed in the great room, but I saw this when I looked up to the loft. 

I went up to the loft for further inspection.

Closing it up again!

Yes, we do have a non-aged, lighter-colored replacement board or piece of trim here and there, but we're hoping they'll blend in better with time. Our pine varies a lot in color naturally anyway, and our eyes don't seem to notice the variation as much as the camera picks up in these photographs.

All in all, Steve and I are relieved and satisfied with how it looks. They moved on to the peak down the center of the great room late this morning, and they're hoping to get most of the boards reinstalled near the trapezoids this afternoon.

The crew will be in Wisconsin tomorrow and Friday, so we won't see them again until Monday. That means we'll have to live with the scaffolding and some chaos a while longer, but the end is now in sight!

The sun has been streaming in the windows most of the day today. That's always a welcome sight in the Keweenaw in February.

Oh, and I noticed this today. The snow on our lawn is roughly 3-4 feet deep in non-drifted spots. Can you see a dip in the level in the next photo? About a third of the way up from the bottom - above the word "Keweenaw?"

You know how the grass is always greener over the septic tank? Well, the snow is always shallower over the septic tank, too!

All is well (and happily reconstructing) in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.