Only 2 items were required to make this wreath. I could have purchased a foam heart-shaped wreath form, but I already had a heart-shaped wreath that I decided to use instead. I don't remember where I purchased it years ago, but I'm sure it must have been on clearance.
The only thing I needed to purchase now was the yarn. I decided on more of the Red Heart Boutique Fur yarn at Walmart. This is the same yarn I used for the Furry Polar Wreaths I made for the Christmas tree in our great room. For this project, I used the color called Teaberry. This color blends into our decor better than a classic red or pink.
I simply found the end of the yarn and began wrapping it around and around the wreath until the wreath was completely covered.
I used about 3/4's of the skein and tucked the cut end of the yarn under a few of the wraps to secure it.
All done. Since our house is still on insulation hiatus and we're still living in the bubble, I have the wreath propped up on the dresser in our bedroom. I'll use some of the extra yarn to hang it up properly next year.
All is still well (with our souls) in the Keweenaw.
Update - February 2017:
If you're reading this 2016 post for the first time, I'm happy to report that our insulation fix went very well last year. Everything was put back in place by the end of that month. Since things in our house are "normal" this year, we've been able to enjoy our Valentine's decor more than last year. This wreath is now hanging in/on one of our windows for the month of February, and all is well in the Keweenaw!