Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, June 13, 2014

Sneak Peek Friday

Time for another Sneak Peek Friday! After giving you a peek at our septic tank last week, I thought I would try to make these sneak peeks a regular feature on the blog. I won't necessarily promise to do these every Friday, but I'll do my best.

We're trying to be wise in our spending on the new house. Spend a bit more to get quality in things like siding, roofing, windows and insulation; spend less on interior finishes. For example, light fixtures can be easily upgraded as time goes on, right?

So, here's a sneak peek at one of the few interior items we splurged on - the kitchen sink.

It's hammered copper! Love this sink! 

No, seriously. Love. This. Sink! 

It was on sale when Steve picked it up at Menards, but it was still more expensive than stainless. That's why it was a splurge. I had seen it in the Menards ad and had mentioned it to Steve earlier that week. Most copper sinks I've seen are single sink or farmhouse style. I love the look of a farmhouse sink, but I'm a practical girl, and I really prefer a double sink. If I had a separate bar/vegetable sink in my kitchen, a farmhouse style would be great, but that's not the case here. To be truthful, I probably would have talked myself out of it if I had been with him that day. I can do that pretty easily when it comes to spending money. In hindsight, I'm really glad I wasn't with him! 

Love. This. Sink! Did I say that already?

It will require a bit more care than a stainless sink. For example, acidic foods should not be allowed to sit on the surface too long, and you shouldn't clean it with anything abrasive. It might not be the best choice for a family with kids, but it's fine for us. I'm pretty obsessive about my kitchen sink anyway. By the way, did you know that copper is naturally antibacterial? 

All is well in the Keweenaw.

1 comment:

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.