Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Packed

"It must be packed." 

How many times have I said that in the last 2-1/2 years? 5 years? 9 years? 22 years? More than I can count! Yes, I really do have some boxes that I have not unpacked since I moved back to Saginaw in 1992. I have quite a few boxes that I haven't unpacked since I married Steve and sold my house almost 9 years ago. We have many boxes that we haven't unpacked since putting our Saginaw house on the market about 5 years ago, and we have tons of boxes that haven't been unpacked since moving up here 2-1/2 years ago. (Come to think of it, I believe I even have 1 or 2 boxes that haven't been unpacked since I moved in 1989 after Tom died - 25 years!)

Of course, to make things even more difficult - all the boxes aren't in the same place. Some are in our Calumet basement, some are in our barn on the property, some are in a storage unit outside of Calumet, and some are in a different storage unit closer to Hancock. At least they're all in the Keweenaw Peninsula now!

Anyway. . . when I needed my hot glue gun to slap together the simplest patriotic wreath possible, you know what I said. "It must be packed." Some staples had to do the job instead.

I'll redo it someday. . . after I unpack the hot glue gun.

One of the nicest things about moving out to the property will be having all our junk stuff in one place again. We talk about it a lot! I'm envisioning at least one more huge garage sale and many more drop-offs at Goodwill and the consignment shop!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.