Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Monday, June 23, 2014

25 Years

"O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." (Psalm 34:8)

It was 25 years ago today that my first husband was killed by a drunk driver. It was difficult to imagine then that I could ever smile again - that I could ever be truly happy again. I had 2 choices: try to handle the grief alone - or - cling to the Lord and trust Him to help me through it - one minute at a time at first; then, hour by hour, day by day, week by week, month by month and year by year. 

Here I am - 25 years later - married to a wonderful Christian man that I'm completely head-over-heels in love with - living in our favorite place - and I do smile - and I am truly happy. The Lord has blessed me greatly - in good times and in tough times. Clinging to the Lord was - and still is - the best choice.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

2 comments:

  1. Hard to believe its been 2 5 years.....I'm so happy that you are so happy!! God has been good!
    It will be 25 yrs. for Sharyn in September... I still remember being with her when we heard about Tom's accident and how heart broken we both were.......then 3 short months later she was gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you ever told me that you were with Sharyn when you heard about Tom. People often asked my how I heard about it, but I never thought to ask other people how they heard about it. I'll always remember the beautiful card Sharyn sent me. I, too was heartbroken when she died a few months later.

      Delete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.