Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Saturday, June 28, 2014

After Shopping

OK, maybe going to Walmart isn't that exciting. Still. . . I always try to take my camera along whenever we hop in the vehicle. . . just in case I see something. I know I've shown you the Walmart parking lot in previous posts, but I don't think I've shown you many views of the area where the Houghton Walmart is located. So, here we go.

When we're tuckered out from shopping, we stop at this intersection to leave the Walmart parking lot.

Not a bad view before making a left turn, huh? (By the way, I blurred out the license plate on that Lincoln.) We hang a left and then a quick right to head down the main drag in the newest part of Houghton - the shopping/fast food district.

This is the section of town where we have Tractor Supply, Shopko (similar to Walmart without the grocery), Dollar Tree, Culver's, Taco Bell, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Dairy Queen and Applebee's. Plus, we can't forget about Dunham's Sports and JCPenney at our sparsely populated mall. 

We're now leaving the area and heading back toward downtown Houghton. The buildings you see off in the distance are actually in Hancock (on the other side of da bridge).


As we make the curve, you can see the Portage Lift Bridge that separates Houghton and Hancock.

We weren't quite ready to cross the bridge yet. Steve said making an afternoon trip to Walmart justifies a stop at Joey's to grab some takeout - fish tacos for dinner. Steve ran in to pick up our order, and I took 2 photos from the parking lot.


Yes, it is very close to the bridge. Many of the side streets in this part of Houghton are steep.

Now, back across the bridge to get to the Hancock side.


We must have been talking a lot between Hancock and Calumet, because I didn't take any pictures until we were back in our driveway!

I didn't spend much on flowers this year, but I finally painted my little $2 garage sale chair with a $2 can of el-cheapo red spray paint. The cane seat was broken, but I bought it to hold a flower pot anyway.

Just that plant. . . and another hanging plant in front - plus one in the back I haven't photographed yet!

I can't seem to get in the mood for Calumet decorating right now - probably too much daydreaming about the new house! End of tour.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.