Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, May 13, 2016

Sneak Peek Friday - Guest Bath

I'm giving you a peek at the upstairs guest bath today, but I'm not doing the full reveal until Monday. You'll just have to come back then if you want to see it.

When working on the finishing details of a new home, it's often the little things that get delayed the longest. Steve built all 3 of our bathroom vanities out of barn wood we brought with us from Saginaw. We've been using all 3 vanities for quite some time - even though they've been waiting patiently for their doors to be completed. Well, Steve has now crossed those off the to-do list.

Unfortunately, the door on the vanity in the guest bath had a little bitty problem. You see, Steve made a design decision - on his own - without consulting the designer-in-chief. Do you see the placement of the knob on the vanity door?

Say it with me now - using your best Scooby Doo voice: Ruh-roh!

That knob was too low to make my eyes happy. I would have preferred it to be near the top of the door. Wood putty was never going to plug a hole in this old barn wood well enough to please my eyes, so a compromise solution was needed. We ditched the knob and purchased a new handle requiring 2 screws. The bottom screw would go into the hole already drilled. Of course, I had to modify the handle a bit by adding some twine to it. In my world, twine is bling.


The designer-in-chief liked this much better.

See what I mean?

All in all, I think it was a happy accident. My eyes are happy, and Mr. Perfect-For-Me is still almost perfect.

I'll show you the rest of the vanity and the full reveal of this upstairs guest bath on Monday.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.