Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Humming Away the Day

With 3 bird feeders out now - plus one hummingbird feeder - I could hardly pull myself away from the window yesterday! LOTS of action out there. We have at least 2 hummingbirds so far, but I couldn't grab the camera fast enough when they were both at the feeder at the same time. I did get some better shots of this one, though.

This particular feeder doesn't have a perch, so they need to hover when they're lapping up the sugar water.

Steve was doing some organizing in the barn yesterday, and he came across another old hummingbird feeder he had forgotten about. That makes a total of 5. Can't wait for more to arrive so we can start feeding all of them! (Mental note: Add sugar to the next grocery list.)

All is well (and humming) in the Keweenaw.

UPDATE: Saturday, May 21 - 1:10 p.m.
I didn't realize I had 2 hummingbirds in this shot from about 15 minutes ago until I had uploaded them to my computer. Not the best shot, but my first photographic proof of 2 hummers in 2016!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.