Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A1ANA2

Translation:  A One And A Two!

Did you know that A1ANA2 was Lawrence Welk's license plate? Yeah, my head is filled with weird facts like that. Maybe we'll discuss George Washington's teeth sometime.

Anyway, back to the numbers - the guest room numbers.

I knew I wanted numbers for the guest rooms, and I thought about different options. Should I just purchase some exterior house numbers? Should I stencil the numbers on wood slices? We were at Walmart in Houghton back in early January when I saw these 5" MDF unfinished numbers - $1.47 each.

I already had a dark brown paint pen that would work for this project.

I painted the tops first. After they were dry, I painted the sides.

I also picked up a 2-pack of 6"x8" burlap covered frames - $3.97 for the package.

Since I was going to glue the numbers to the burlap, I cut some cardboard pieces for the centers to give me a sturdier surface.

Here's how they looked after I glued everything together - all for less than $7.00.

After Steve finished the door trim on the guest rooms, he took a few minutes to hang the numbers for me.

We made some big changes inside these rooms in the last week. I'll show you more of that on Friday.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.