Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

234 on 34

We had 224" of snow on 2-24-15. Now, we've had 234" of snow on 3-4-15. That's 19.5 feet. On this date last year we had 276.30" (over 23 feet). To illustrate the difference, I have some photos for you.

I took this photo last month on February 19.

The next photo was taken on February 2, 2014.

The clothesline pole says it all.

This front-of-the-house shot was taken 2 days ago on Monday, March 2.

Compare that with one I took last year on February 27, 2014.

No wonder the house was so dark last winter. The front window was completely blocked for quite a while! 

We had snow yesterday, and it has been cold again but we've also been enjoying some bright sunshine and beautiful Keweenaw Blue skies on many days lately. It's currently 5° and it feels like -28°, but it looks much warmer out there!

Unfortunately, one of Steve's molars decided to develop an abscess this week. We got him into the dentist this morning, and he's on an antibiotic now, but he's still having quite a bit of pain. I knew he was in pain when I was actually able to convince him to come back to Calumet to stay last night. He has to go back to the dentist next Wednesday, so please pray with us that his pain level decreases as the antibiotic begins to take effect tonight. He had a rough night last night. I keep telling him that it really doesn't matter if he takes a few days off the house project. What's another little wrinkle in the schedule at this point, right?

All else is well in the Keweenaw.

P.S. It's now 10:18 p.m. Let's change that to a lot of pain. Why does pain always seem to get worse at night? My sweetheart is very uncomfortable. I wish I was the one with the abscess instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.