Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Snow Chart?

Have you been wondering why I haven't been updating my snowfall chart this season? I have 2 reasons for that.

First, we haven't had much snow this season. Secondly, Steve recently met the man who takes the snowfall measurements for Keweenaw County, but for some unknown reason they haven't been updating their website. 

Since I don't know when Keweenaw County is going to begin posting the 2015-16 totals, I've decided to use the measurement taken just south of Mohawk in Allouez Township of Keweenaw County - at least for now. Unfortunately, the totals in that area are usually lower than the totals further north closer to where we live.

The snowfall chart (in the Blog Pages column at the left) is now updated for the 2015-16 season. (If Keweenaw County begins posting, I'll modify my chart.) Don't expect a lot of change soon, as we don't have a lot of snow in the forecast. Of course, that can sometimes change quickly up here!

It's interesting to note that we've had just shy of 10" this year, but our total stood at 58" last year on this date, and we had 66" by the end of last November.

Have a spectacular and blessed Thanksgiving tomorrow!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.