Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Names of Christ Ornaments

I told you yesterday how we purchased our 9-foot Christmas tree 2 years ago. This is the first time we've used it, as this is our first Christmas in our new house. After last Christmas, I found a tree topper and some ornaments I wanted on another after-Christmas mega clearance. I'm talking 90% off! That's pretty mega! I wanted the decorations to be a mix of purchased ornaments and handmade ornaments. 

I've been a little obsessed with the gift tag shape lately - not sure why - so I decided to make some gift tag ornaments with the names of Christ given in Isaiah 9:6: 

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called
Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God,
The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

I started by downloading a background paper that I liked (via mel stampz) as a jpeg image. Using Microsoft Publisher, I inserted that jpeg image as the background on a new document. I then inserted a gift tag shape I had previously downloaded from the Internet.

I wanted to put 9 on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper, so I modified the tag image by making it a little shorter. I designed the first tag/ornament with the name "Wonderful." It was then just a matter of copying and pasting 8 more tags on the page and changing the word(s) on each of those 8 tags, so it looked like this.

Since I needed 4 more names of Christ to make 9 tag ornaments, I added Saviour, Redeemer, Creator and Lord. Here's a cropped version that shows the tag outlines in black where I made the cuts after printing the page on 8.5x11 light gray cardstock.

I punched the holes and used twine for hanging. I like the contrast between the simple handmade paper tag ornament and the shiny copper beaded garland. 

And. . . you know I have a story about that copper garland. I got a screamin' deal on 8 strands at our local Shopko store 3 or 4 years ago!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.