Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

More Joy

I'm obviously feeling especially joyful this year, as much of my Christmas decor seems to be following the "Joy to the World" theme. I'm calling the 9-foot tree in the great room the Keweenaw Tree. It's done in copper beads and woodland colors along with my Furry Polar Wreaths and white glittered snowflakes - all representative of the Keweenaw. It's also a combination of purchased and handmade ornaments. The handmade ornaments remind me of a specific quality of so many of the folks who live here - that self-reliant quality that causes them to think:  "How can I do this or make this work without running to the store?" Steve is like that, and it's one of the many things I appreciate about him.

I already showed you my handmade Names of Christ ornaments on the Keweenaw Tree, and I'm showing you my Joy to the World sheet music ornaments today. 

These are also simple cardstock & twine ornaments done in the same "tag" shape, but these are larger than the Names of Christ ornaments. Again, I like having the contrast of shiny & glittery ornaments and these paper tag ornaments on the same tree.

I downloaded an image of a piece of antique sheet music (Joy to the World) months ago. (I'm sorry I don't remember where I got it.) 

I added an overlay in the shape of a gift tag. . .

and copied & pasted the image to get 8 ornaments on one sheet of 8.5x11 white cardstock.

I cut them out and punched the holes for a twine hanger.

Another quick & easy project that reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas - the Lord is come!

I hope you're all having an especially JOY-FULL Christmas season, too.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

1 comment:

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.