Anyway, in honor of her new doghouse, I figured she deserved to have her name on it. I printed her name on a sheet of paper with my printer, rubbed chalk on the back of the paper, put the paper on a board (chalk-side down) and traced the letters with a pen. That transferred the chalk outline of the letters onto the board. Next, I filled them in with white paint.
I thought the letters needed a little more definition, so I traced around them with a brown paint marker.
After that, Steve brushed on a coat of Cabot's - the same stuff we used on the front porch and on the exterior of the doghouse. That gives the wood more protection from the elements.
If he finds himself with extra time this fall, he'll attach the siding, but I doubt he'll be able to get to it this year. Cocoa doesn't care anyway!
By the way, that gray canister you see attached to our house in the last photo is for our Verizon internet. That's what keeps me connected to you - and to the world.
All is well in the Keweenaw.