Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, April 17, 2015

Sneak Peek Friday - Goo Gone

Life at the new house is great! Really great! The only thing bad about getting new appliances, showers and tubs is cleaning the sticky residue left behind when you pull off all the tape and stickers. Thankfully, a product like "Goo Gone" was invented. That made the job easier, but it was still quite a job. Here's a photo showing some of the tape stuck to the new stove.

Doesn't look too bad, right? Well, that took me about an hour to remove.

It does look better, though.

The real killer was the shower in the guest bathroom. I always knew it was going to involve some work.

All that brown tape left behind an incredible amount of gunk. Plus, under that cardboard on the shower floor were nickle and dime size pieces of horrible red stickiness. After contorting my body into all kinds of awkward positions and sniffing way more Goo Gone than I cared to sniff, it was finally clean - but it took me 2-1/2 hours.

Goo Gone is a definite plus, but that doesn't mean you don't have to use a lot of good old elbow grease. Actually, it was more like fingertip and finger joint grease. My fingertips were so raw that two of them split open, and I mean split open - deep. It looked like a very sharp knife had attacked them. That was real fun for a week or so.

The bright side: nice shiny new things - and I won't have to do that job again.

As a bonus peek today, here's a photo of another milestone.

A closet pole seems like a simple thing, but it felt like a tremendous leap forward to have the first one up last week. Yes, it's the foyer closet, the trim and door isn't on and we don't have a proper shelf in it yet, but we have the pole! 

ONE MORE NOTE:  Please use my new email address when you email me from now on. It is julieham61@gmail.com. Thanks!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.