Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sunday Reflections


In Paul’s letter to the believers at Ephesus penned through the inspiration
of God while in prison, he begins by reminding them of the precious gift of
salvation they’ve received through Jesus Christ. It’s not a gift to be taken
lightly, as he instructs them to live in such a way that they

should be to the praise of His glory.

Paul’s epistle gives specific examples of what to do and what not to do
in order to live an exemplary life as a follower of Christ – and he continues
to reiterate what they’ve been given.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is
the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Because they know the Lord, Paul implores them to

walk worthy

of Him. They were to

put off the old man

and

put on the new man.

Their lives were to be different in every area – in speech, behavior, actions,
emotions, and motives. Doesn’t Ephesians 5:8 sum it all up?

Walk as children of light.

What would happen if believers always walked as children of light?
What would happen if I always walked as a child of light?

All is well in the Keweenaw.

18 comments:

  1. I always look forward to my visit to your Sunday post. This year, I decided to start back through the Gospels and concentrate on the New Testament. I am anxious to visit with Paul again and re-read his words. I love the Gospels because it is Jesus speaking while on earth, but Paul does such great explaining. Thanks for sharing your lovely scripture photo.

    Peabea@Peabea Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment, Pat. I agree, the Epistles are stuffed full of practical advice for Christian living.

      Delete
  2. All we can do is try to live as a child of light. We will never be perfect but we must continually strive and correct ourselves...steer ourselves toward the will of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so far from perfect! I love what you said - steer ourselves toward the will of God. Great description!

      Delete
  3. I look forward to seeing your photos each Sunday morning. Joining you in praying to walk as a child of light, and pray others would see Jesus in me. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. Yes, if we believers would truly walk as children of light, there wouldn't be as much darkness in the world.

      Delete
  4. I often pray to have faith like a child, but this changed my perspective on it a bit...it requires hope and bravery and optimism to be a “child of the light.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it interesting that the Lord used Paul to continually remind us of what we have in Christ - and then to challenge us to live fully for Him? Since we used to live in darkness, we now need to walk as children of light. Since we've accepted Christ, we now need to walk worthy of Him. It's our responsibility as believers.

      Delete
  5. Hopefully the more I let go of my own stubborn ways and yield to Him and His ways the more His light will shine through me. Light is necessary to see clearly, to see direction, and also for the whole process of life. Truly, believers being light is essential for our culture at this time! Your post is spot on and lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you with those stubborn ways of mine, and I'm so thankful for God's patience. We have no neighbors and no street lights out here in the middle of nowhere. If I'm walking through the house in the middle of an overcast night, it's dark - really, really dark! As I near the kitchen, I'm thankful for the tiny lights on the telephone to help guide me on my way. As our world continues to get darker and darker, it makes me consider how even just a little light can make a huge difference.

      Delete
  6. These are great verses. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo! And yes, what a difference we could make if we walked as children of light all the time! I want to be light in my world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen!

    The light of Christ would be seen more and more, and He would be glorified.

    Thanks for sharing the admonition to be the light of Christ in all that we say and do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lives lived to the praise of His glory--yes!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.