Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Sunday Reflections


Although I've often been able to capture the color pink in a sunset, I purposely manipulated the color of the blue sky in this photo in honor of our upcoming Valentine's Day. 

I like this verse from I Corinthians. We feel very blessed to live in the Keweenaw - a place we LOVE so much - and we thoroughly enjoy the beauty that surrounds us here every day. However, it's wonderful to know that something even better awaits us on the other side, and the beauty and glorious sounds in heaven are far above anything we can imagine!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

17 comments:

  1. The photo is stunning! And the verse ... this morning there seems to be a theme going as much that I have read points to the future blessings God has in store for His children. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. I love it when we can detect a common theme on Sunday mornings!

      Delete
  2. Julie, I love what you did with this photograph and I love that it is just a glimpse of the technicolor wonderland we will see in heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie. Looking forward to that technicolor wonderland!

      Delete
  3. You and I are focused on the exact same verse today! Isn't it so awesome when God is speaking the same thing to His children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're many miles apart, but God nudged us both in the same direction this week! Isn't our Lord amazing?!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful scripture. Like a child waiting for gifts to be opened and the wonderment of what will be inside. It is beyond our capability to know what is prepared and awaiting those that have Jesus in their hearts.
    Beautiful photo.

    Peabea@Peabea Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes. We cannot not even understand the wonders that await us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems we are both thinking of our glorious future with God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite verses filled with so much hope and wonder!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Manipulated or not, the picture is stunning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the picture. And I love this verse. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kym. I rarely alter a photo, but it seemed appropriate this week.

      Delete
  9. Heaven, what beauty awaits us! Thank you for the beautiful reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.