Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, February 16, 2018

Awwww!

I am so blessed! Mr. Cut Off is such a gem of a husband that when the weather forecast called for a beautiful blue-sky, cloudless, warmer-than-lately day on Valentine's Day and hubby "asked" if he could go snowmobiling with his buddy that day, I said, "Sure." We had dinner plans for the evening, so I had no problem with him having a play date with Marty during the sunshine hours. 

They went off exploring on the east side of the Keweenaw peninsula this time. Here's the view of Lake Superior from near the small village of Gay.

Ice along the shoreline.

Although it's difficult to tell from this photo, it's a long way down to the water/ice from where Mr. Cut Off was standing.

The boys thoroughly enjoyed their day, and Mr. Cut Off arrived home in plenty of time to get cleaned up for dinner out. He had made reservations at our favorite local eatery - not a fancy place - but great food! We still dressed up a bit to make the occasion a little more special. I'm not a gal that requires a lot of over-the-top grand gestures on holidays to make me happy. In fact, I'm the get-me-flowers-on-some-random-day instead of Valentine's Day type. (Actually, I never need flowers at all.) Well, unbeknownst to me - Mr. Cut Off had dropped off a box of candy and a balloon earlier - with the instructions for our favorite server to have it waiting for me at our table. Of course, she went the extra mile (as usual) and also had red hearts strewn on the tablecloth for us. (One of the many reasons she always gets a good tip!) 

We both ordered a steak, and it was cooked exactly as ordered. Super, super delicious! We enjoyed every part of our meal. Mr. Cut Off's original plan was to exchange cards at the restaurant, so I had them tucked into my purse. As the evening progressed, we somehow forgot about the cards until we were getting ready to leave, so we decided to open them at home instead.

Now, here's where you're going to say, "Awww!" When we opened our cards later, we discovered that we had purchased the exact same card for each other! Exact. Same. Card. Everybody now - Awwww! 

It's not like we had a limited last-minute selection either. We purchased these cards about 10 days earlier when there were lots from which to choose. We had to laugh - especially since we were just telling someone on Tuesday how in sync we are as a couple. If that doesn't prove we're in sync, I don't know what does!

I am truly blessed to have this wonderful man to call my husband, and I appreciate him more and more every day. I give thanks to the Lord daily for bringing us together.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Julie, what a precious Valentine's Day. Mr. Cut Off is such a sweet, thoughtful husband. God is good. I speak from experience after losing my first husband in a tragic way. I raised my son alone for 7 years and then the Lord brought me and my husband, Joel, together in an amazing way. I, too, thank the Lord for him every day! My friend told me that God was going to do "Exceedingly, abundantly above all I could ask or think". (Eph. 3:20) Then, she and her husband invited me and Joel to their house for dinner. We were married within 4 months & have been married almost 28 years!! Julie, by your eating steak, I'm guessing that your tooth implant is doing well. We've been praying for it to heal quickly. God bless. Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment, Bev. Sounds like we're kindred spirits! My tooth implant healing is going well. I opened wide, carefully aimed those pieces of steak toward my molars, and chewed away! Just have to be careful to bypass that tender bone graft area at the front of my mouth where the new implant post is sitting.

      Delete
  2. Aww!
    There, I said it!
    I enjoyed your tale of a great Valentines Day! :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.