Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Autumn Sunsets

My most recent Sunday Reflections photo showed the sunrise illuminating the trees in our backyard. That caused me to think about sunsets. I've captured about a half dozen pink sunsets over the last few weeks. Unfortunately, we weren't at the beach viewing any of those sunsets, as they all took me by surprise. I'm sure anyone at the beach on those evenings got some super spectacular photos!

I previously posted one photo (another Sunday Reflections) of this sunset we spotted when passing through Houghton on our way home from Marquette recently, but I have a few more to share today.

All the signs for Hwy 26 and Hwy 41 cracked me up in that second photo, as I don't ever remember noticing how many signs are crowded into such a small area. I guess the intersection you're approaching can be a bit confusing if it's your first visit to the Keweenaw, and Houghton really wants to make sure you know where you're going. 

I snapped that third shot as we were crossing the bridge between Houghton and Hancock, and next is a fourth one taken from atop a hill further up the highway. (Sorry about the dirty window. It had rained most of the way to Marquette that morning.)

The next 4 photos were all snapped from inside our house as the sun was setting in back of our house on different evenings.


And as I began to prepare this post tonight, I looked up and saw more pink in back of the trees.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.