Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Saturday, August 22, 2015

I Never Even Noticed!

OK, could someone please tell me how I missed it? For someone who thinks she notices the details of her surroundings, I somehow managed to miss something that was hiding in plain sight for 14 weeks.

When "Mr. Perfect for Me" installed our dining area light fixture back in May, he wiped it down for me, and I helped him screw in the 7 (Yes, 7!) light bulbs. It didn't take long to realize that even though it was rated for 60 watt bulbs, that was way too much wattage for a fixture above our table. Can you say, "BRIGHT?" We felt like we were being interrogated every time we ate. So, I added lower wattage decorative bulbs to my next shopping list. I was so happy to get those new bulbs that I changed them out before I even unpacked the rest of our groceries. Yep, I unscrewed the first bulbs and screwed in the new bulbs all by myself. That obviously took real talent. Yet, I still didn't see it. In fact, it wasn't until I dusted off the light fixture this week that I noticed it.

"Noticed what?" you ask.

This!

That little switch turns the lights on and off. Now, why would a light fixture intended to be hardwired into the electrical box in our ceiling and operated by a switch on our wall need an on/off switch on the actual fixture?

So you don't have to have all 7 of the bulbs on if you don't want all 7 bulbs on! Brilliant!

Here's how it looks with just the middle bulb turned on.

We can also turn off the middle bulb and leave the 6 bulbs surrounding it on.

Of course, we can also leave all 7 bulbs on.

I really can't believe it took me 14 weeks to notice. Duh!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.