Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Back in Business

I know, I know, it was bound to happen sooner or later. After years of heavy use, my bread machine decided to give up the ghost. 

I was expecting it to happen. It had been making some rather odd noises lately - clanging noises when it started or stopped kneading the dough - louder grinding noises during the kneading process. So I wasn't completely surprised when I heard a rather loud grinding bang and it came to a sudden stop - while I was using the dough cycle to mix up a batch of homemade noodles. Nooooooo! The horror of being forced to purchase "store-bought" bread tore through my body like a knife. OK, that was a slight exaggeration, but I certainly wasn't happy about forking over the dough for a new bread machine right now.

I thought about the matter for a week or so when I suddenly had one of those lightbulb moments.

Yes, the Internet has the answer to everything! Right? After just a few minutes of research, I figured out that the problem was probably a broken belt. Hmmmm. Could I find a place to purchase a replacement belt on the Internet? You betcha!

So, I had my darling husband take the bottom off the bread machine that evening. VoilĂ ! A broken belt!

$12.94 and a quick Internet order later, and we're back in business.

Ahhhh, I love that aroma!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.