Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, May 1, 2015

Sneak Peek Friday - Grandma's Table

Some of you may remember that my Grandmother passed away back in 2012, and I was able to get some of her furniture. It has been in storage ever since we cleaned out her house right after the funeral. My grandmother wasn't the type of grandmother who cooked, baked and invited you over for meals. In all my life, I never had a meal at her dining table. . . until now. I cleaned it up and we're using it. I think that would make her happy.

I chose not to use the matching dining chairs and opted to use our striped upholstered chairs instead. All I had to do to those is add some sliders to the bottom of the feet.

Cleaning the table legs was the worst job. It went like this: (1) soap and water (2) furniture cleaner (3) scratch cover (4) furniture oil. This series of photos shows the progress.
 

It was much easier to do the legs before they were reattached to the table top. Next, the after photos.

I'm still not totally happy with the condition of the table top. I may have to use a buffer on it. And, those little cardboard pieces under the feet are just temporary.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.