Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, February 20, 2015

Sneak Peek Friday - Stainless

We're moving back into the kitchen today. I wanted to give you a peek at the kitchen appliances without revealing too much of the surrounding kitchen yet, so the photos are heavily cropped, and I'll admit to a little soft focus treatment, too.

If you remember, we purchased our appliances when we lived downstate. They've been living safely in their boxes ever since. It's exciting to finally see them in the kitchen even if they aren't hooked up. The only one you don't get a peek at today is the combo microwave/range hood, as we aren't ready for that one yet.

First up, the stove/oven. I can't wait to start cooking with gas again. I'm totally sick of electric ovens and electric burners on my stovetop. I grew up on gas, so I know what I'm missing.

Two extra little features are the special simmer burner and the warming drawer. After I do all that cooking and baking, I'll need to do the dishes. I've lived without a dishwasher for almost 18 years, and I don't consider one a necessity, but it sure will be nice to have one again.

As much as I love my stove/oven and my dishwasher, the appliance I'm most excited about is my new refrigerator/freezer - especially since I've been living with this really tiny one for the last 3-1/2 years here in Calumet.

The new one is going to seem like a dream!

Isn't it gorgeous?! Just looking at it makes me smile. If you'll notice, the refrigerator seems to be smiling, too!

Steve put a bunch of cardboard sheets on the kitchen floor to protect it from "contractor traffic," but I moved a sheet to get a shot of how the refrigerator looks with the flooring.

Ahhhh!

Meanwhile, we're up to 18 feet of snow for the season and. . . 

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.