Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Six Calls

That's the number. 
That's the number of telephone calls I received today. 

That may not sound like a bad thing - especially considering that I used to answer the phone a zillion times a day when I was working - but all six calls I received today were. . .

political calls.
 
C'mon, the primary is over and it's only the middle of August. Is this going to continue every day for the next 11 weeks? Please. . . no!

Now, I'm a Midwestern American girl with roots back to Plymouth Colony. I'm all gung-ho for our Fifty Nifty United States. 

OK, maybe not New Jersey. 

I wholeheartedly agree that we should all exercise our freedom and put our 2¢ in at the ballot box.

But, these political calls are insanely annoying. Yes, I agree Washington is a big mess. Yes, I agree that many of the current crop of politicians should be kicked to the curb. No, I'm not interested in listening to your pre-recorded robo-call pushing your candidate. Who on earth would ever make a voting decision based upon these calls? 

Do you really think I want to talk politics before I've finished my first cup of coffee? Do you really think I want to talk politics while I'm eating my dinner? Do you really think I want to talk politics at 8:58 in the evening? No, no and no!

So, if you try to call me at this time of year, and the answering machine picks up, leave a message. If I'm home, and you're not a politician, I'll pick up.

Yes, I feel the exact same way about telemarketers.

End of rant.

On a happier note, Steve got all the proper vents installed, so things are ready for the spray foam insulation guys to start tomorrow morning! Praise the Lord! 

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.