Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Keeping Up On The News

Time seems to have gotten away from me today, so I didn't get all my photos selected for a more lengthy post. Sorry about that. You know how it is when you haven't been feeling well. When you have a better day, you try to do all the things you've been putting off. Anyway, here's a little something to begin the month of March.

I don't think I've ever told you about the local TV news. By "local," I mean the channel out of Marquette. We have never before lived in a place that broadcasted news "repeats" on the weekends. Yes. . .  repeats! When you watch the local news on Saturdays and Sundays, you aren't watching a live broadcast. You're getting taped repeats of the top stories from the week. Isn't that crazy?!

Now, we don't want you to think the Yoopers don't care about what's going on. No matter how much snow we get, they obviously care about the news. I have photographic proof.

Steve went to the Post Office the other day.

You can see the snow is pretty deep around the Post Office. Here's a shot with Steve in it for better perspective.

Here's the pile on the other side of the steps.

OK, did you catch that? See that little yellow box buried under the pile of snow?

See, they do care about the news. That's the Daily Mining Gazette published in Houghton.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.