Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Saturday, June 1, 2013

May - Snow to Hail

I really meant to get this post written last night, but I ran out of hours in the day again. Life has been busy. The month of May 2013 started with SNOW and ended with HAIL. I thought I would show you how the month progressed. Here's the view from the kitchen window on May 2.

The snow melted, and the birch tree began to spring back to life by May 16.

By May 24, the same tree looked like this.

Although it still isn't in full leaf, it was creating some shade by May 31.

May 23rd brought us a lengthy visit from Mr. & Mrs. Goldfinch.

Steve first mowed the lawn on May 5th last year, but it wasn't needed until May 28th this year. The dandelions popped up the next day.

Yes, I know the old fence is still there. It will go away--I promise!

Although the last day in May started out warm and beautiful, it ended with a cool thunderstorm with hail.

We were thankful our vehicles survived without dents.

It's now June, and this will be another very busy month for us. We're starting construction on the new house soon. If you'll notice, I started a CONSTRUCTION page in the left column of this blog. I'm planning to describe the construction progress in this regular area of the blog, but I'll also post photos of the progress on the CONSTRUCTION page with brief descriptions (kind of the Reader's Digest Condensed Version). Just click on "CONSTRUCTION - Photo Log" (at the bottom of the list of "Blog Pages") to get to the updates on that page. The excavator was working with Steve on the property this week, so I have some "pre-construction" photos to share with you. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.