Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Saturday, May 25, 2013

More Fort Wilkins

We spent part of our 2012 Memorial Day weekend at Fort Wilkins in Copper Harbor, and I wrote 2 blog posts about our experience. I recently noticed 3 short videos about Fort Wilkins on the website for the Fort Wilkins Natural History Association, and I thought I would share them with you.

If you wish to first refresh your memory as to what I wrote about our visit to Fort Wilkins last year, scroll down the left column of this page, look for "Blog Archive," and click on "2012." Scroll down again, and click on "June." Scroll down again, and click on "Fort Wilkins - Part 1" and "Fort Wilkins - Part 2."

To watch the 3 short videos, click on the links below.

Fort Wilkins - Part I video

Fort Wilkins - Part II video

Fort Wilkins - Part III video

We won't be touring Fort Wilkins this weekend. Steve is finishing up some things on the property today in preparation for the excavator to return on Tuesday.

Let's not forget the meaning behind Memorial Day. For a brief history, click on the following link:

Memorial Day History

Break out your BBQ grills, and have a wonderful weekend!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.