Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Goodbye, Old Friend

When I was still working, a friend of mine gave me a coffee cup as a Christmas gift. It came in a cute little box that I still use as part of our Christmas decor. It wasn't just a coffee cup. It was the perfect coffee cup. 

It was the perfect color - not too dark inside, so it was easy to see how much coffee was in the cup while pouring. It was the perfect size - not too small and not too big. It was the perfect weight and a little larger on the bottom, so it wasn't easy to knock over accidentally. It never stained or chipped - the perfect coffee cup.

I used my perfect coffee cup every day while I was still working, and I made sure to bring it home with me when I "retired." Since that time, I have used it every morning for my coffee. There was a snowman on it, but that didn't matter. I used it during every season of the year, because it was. . . the perfect coffee cup. You'll never know how many times I've looked at that cup and thought of my friend. It often caused me to send up a quick prayer for her while I was using it. Beginning tomorrow morning, I'll have to use a different coffee cup.
Goodbye, old friend. I'm not sure a suitable replacement will ever be found. Don't worry, I'll keep praying for Barb. She would be impossible to replace!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear!! will have to find you another one! You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb (the giver of the perfect coffee cup):
    I meant every word I wrote. You couldn't be replaced.
    Love ya much!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.