Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Monday, January 15, 2018

Looking White!

What does 13-1/2 feet of snow look like?

Something like this.

By the time I was finished preparing that photo, I looked up and saw this.

Of course it's snowing! It's January in the Keweenaw!

It's *so white* and *so beautiful* out there!

We're off to Marquette this week for more dental surgery. Hopefully, the bone graft is sturdy enough now for the surgeon to place the dental implant post at this appointment. After a few more months of healing, I'll need one last check up from him to make sure my local dentist can place the new tooth on the post. I'll then be able to kiss my gap "goodbye!"

When we set this appointment back in July, we were quite concerned about the weather, as daily snowfall is normal in January in the Keweenaw. Even though it's snowing to beat the band at the moment, the forecast for our travel day to and from Marquette is looking pretty good. Amen! The last thing we wanted to confront when we returned after a long day of traveling was a long driveway we were unable to navigate because it had snowed so much while we were away. That doesn't look very likely, so we're thanking the Lord for that!

Gotta do some advance meal prep in the kitchen today to get ready for the week. I ended up with a mega migraine after the last procedure, so I want to be prepared just in case. Can't let Mr. Cut Off starve, you know. (Okay, he wouldn't actually starve. He's quite proficient in the kitchen, but I haven't let him practice much in the last 12 years.) I'll let you know how everything went later this week when I'm sitting around healing! 

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.