Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Crate It!

I found an old pear crate in Mr. Cut Off's barn years ago and used it on top of our refrigerator when we lived in lower Michigan. One side still had the old paper label; the other side had a painted logo.

I always knew I wanted to use it in this house, and I finally made up my mind as to where I wanted to put it. It landed on a wall in the dining area.

After we had it on the wall, Mr. Cut Off said he knew he had another crate around here somewhere. Did I want it? Duh,yeah. It took a little hunting, but he eventually found this Remington box in the barn.

After a thorough cleaning, it landed on top of the pear crate.

Since our walls are pine and will not be painted on a whim every few years, I was thrilled to have another surface (or two - or three) to decorate - something that CAN be changed seasonally or on a whim.

Along with a vintage toaster, 

we've got a little Easter/spring thing going on right now.

There's my Vase Makeover project. . .



An old scale graces the top surface. . .

and these 2 blue pieces I inherited from my grandmother sit in the middle.


You'll get more peeks at these crates as things change throughout the year(s).

All is well in the Keweenaw.

2 comments:

  1. I love wood boxes. And most especially the labels on wood boxes! Yours look great.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a family-friendly blog.