Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Woody Woodpecker

I showed you Bullwinkle last month, and now I get to show you Woody Woodpecker - the Pileated Woodpecker.

I know it's Woody and not Wanda because the stripe on his cheek is partially red. Wanda's stripe is all black. Woody is usually traveling with Wanda, but we didn't see her on this particular day.

Did you get a look at those feet?

This will help.

This Pileated Woodpecker is about 1-1/2 feet tall. Pretty impressive, huh?

And you should hear the sound of him drumming on a tree. Believe me, there's no mistaking that sound! You know it's no ordinary woodpecker! It's always fun and interesting to watch the wildlife in our backyard in the woods of the Keweenaw Peninsula. 

I'll have Pumpkin-Palooza 3 ready to go tomorrow or Saturday.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.