Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, April 15, 2016

Sneak Peek Friday - Back Upstairs

We're going back upstairs to give you a peek at Guest Room 2. As we go up the steps, you'll notice that I put a clear glass bulb in the rattan rope pendant light, and we get a cool pattern on the tongue & groove when the light is on now.

When we glance to our right when we reach the top of the stairs, we see Guest Room 1.

Nothing new here - just a few minor changes on the bedside tables.

We turn to the left and see something different in Guest Room 2.

A bed! Hmmm. Does it look a little strange - or is it just me?

Nope. There's definitely something wrong. The mattress is missing! Actually, I haven't ordered it yet. We're experiencing some warmer temps and the driveway is a bit of a mess, so I don't want a delivery truck driving down it right now. Soon, very soon.

Wait a minute. There's something else really strange about that last photo. Did you notice the lampshade? OK, look at the next photo.

Do you see it now?

I know! It looks like a gigantic bug is on the inside of my lampshade!

We do have some insanely large bugs in the Keweenaw, but that isn't one of them. I can assure you that was just a shadow created by the lamp harp and finial. Whew!

OK, back to the room - from another angle.

I moved the chest of drawers that was in the loft into this room now.

This full-size bed is another piece from my grandmother's house. We also have a hide-a-bed loveseat with a twin mattress - just out of sight to my right - so this will be a good room for kids to share when we have guests.

No more peeking today!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.