Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, January 16, 2015

Italics

Remember what I wrote back on January 2nd about our problems with AT&T in trying to establish landline phone service at the new house? This was it:

"Finally. . . Finally. . . I think I may have resolved the problems with them today. What a mess!" (Julie Hamilton - Jan. 2, 2015)

There was a reason I put those first 4 words in italics back then. I somehow knew it was too good to be true.

All we want is a simple old-fashioned telephone line and to be billed correctly for it. Is that too much to ask? Apparently, it is; as the recent bill that arrived was still incorrect. I'm now convinced that AT&T's customer service motto is as follows:
So, I unhappily spent another hour on the phone with them again today. After being disconnected by the first human I was speaking to and spending way too much time on hold, I was assured that their automated system would be updated with the correct amount within 1 hour. For some strange reason, I had trouble believing them; so I gave them some extra time. 3 hours later, it still wasn't right. 6 hours later, it still wasn't right. 8 hours later, it still wasn't right.

Big sigh. I'll try to connect with another AT&T customer (dis)service representative tomorrow. I may be completely bald by tomorrow night.

All else is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.