Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Great Getaways - The Keweenaw Peninsula

I went to the dentist this afternoon. I don't have any of the typical swelling usually associated with an abscessed tooth, and I was having a LOT less pain today. The dental x-rays didn't find anything wrong with my teeth that could be causing the pain deep up into my jaw. I had one teeny tiny cavity on one tooth, but that couldn't be causing the pain I was having. 

However, the x-rays showed my sinuses were HUMONGOUS - way down into the root area of my teeth - almost all the way down to my gum line! I've been cutting down on my Benadryl lately - not taking as many per day as usual. The dentist suggested I bump that back up to see if it will help. If not, they suggested I return to my family doctor for a CT scan of my sinuses. The hygienist said that she once had a sinus infection with symptoms mimicking an abscessed tooth. So, I had good news at the dentist, and it was a lot less expensive than I was anticipating! Plus, I did make a cleaning appointment for Steve while I was there. 

If you enjoyed the link to the video about Copper Harbor in yesterday's post, you should like this one, too. If you watched that video, you may have noticed another YouTube video about the Keweenaw Peninsula. If so, you may have watched it. If not, here's the link to it:

Great Getaways - The Keweenaw Peninsula

You'll notice the host talks about Great Sand Bay. The following map shows you where that is located in relationship to our property. The red arrow points to Great Sand Bay, and the green dot shows you where our property is located.

Hope you enjoy the video.


All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.