Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Honey and Other Sweet Things

Friends from downstate, Marty and Donna Bonner, were visiting here in the Keweenaw the weekend before Thanksgiving. They brought us more of their honey from "Marty's Bee Farm." I finally opened it yesterday morning and slathered some of it on my toasted homemade bread. Wow! They weren't kidding! That's some spectacular honey! (In fact, I'm going to make this a short post, so I can get out to the kitchen for some toast and honey this morning, too!)

They also brought us two Christmas mugs. Donna and Marty were with us in Copper Harbor in July when I was looking for a new coffee mug, so they obviously remembered I like a BIG mug.

Not only does this mug have a nice message, it also holds a substantial amount of coffee. I brewed enough coffee to reach the coffee maker's 4-cup level the other morning when Steve was out hunting. After filling the mug, there was only a tiny bit left in the pot! (Yes, Marty, it was girlie coffee.) 

We had the opportunity to go to a restaurant we've been wanting to try on Friday night when they took us out to dinner. After that, we thought the gift giving was done. Wrong. They showed up the next day with this:

It's a very large poinsettia - much nicer than one we would buy for ourselves - really beautiful. The photos don't do it justice.

They still weren't finished, however. Marty and Donna also bought our dinner on Sunday afternoon. We felt very spoiled by the sweet gifts from our sweet friends the entire weekend. (You guys can come back anytime!)

On an entirely different subject: We have the potential for some REALLY BIG snows over the next 10 days. I'll keep you posted!

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.