Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Friday, January 18, 2013

Back to Normal

I don't have a lot to report tonight. Things are returning to normal around here. That means it's snowing. We're likely to have at least another foot or two of LES by Wednesday evening.  

I guess I should give you some idea of what our driveway looks like in order to document future snowbanks. I took this photo on Tuesday afternoon. I haven't taken the camera outside since then.

OK, the snowbanks are a bit higher now, but they're not out of control yet.  However, it does look like Steve may have to rake the roof soon!

Here's the shot I took out the office window on Monday afternoon. It shows the snow accumulating on the roof at the back of the house.

The next shot is from this morning.

Yep, almost time for a roof rake!

By the way, I walked into the kitchen yesterday morning, and I saw the biggest Blue Jay I've ever seen in my entire life. He was sitting on our bird feeder eating seeds. He was HUGE! I grabbed the camera and lifted the curtain to take his picture. I guess he was camera shy, as he hightailed it out of there before I could snap his photo.

All is well in the Keweenaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.