Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Monday, January 14, 2013

22 and Counting

22 inches since Saturday (5:15 p.m.) and still snowing! Last night's illustration collapsed shortly before 10:00 a.m. this morning. This is the last photo I posted on the blog last night.

I got up at 2:45 this morning to take some medication for a headache, and the pile on the deck railing was even more impressive at that time. I should have snapped another photo. Here's how it looked at 10:12 a.m. today shortly after the collapse.

It was still snowing when I took that photo, but we were having a light spell. It didn't last very long. If I look out the window in our office, I can see the snow on our roof.  Here's the view of that section of roof from Sunday afternoon.

Same roof - 23 hours later. 


Steve and Cocoa worked on our driveway this afternoon. Cocoa plants herself at the driveway entrance with her back toward Steve as he works. She looks down the road - first in one direction, then the other direction - guarding Steve as he works. When he goes down the street to shovel for my mom, Cocoa goes with him and resumes guard duty. She's such a good dog.

Here's one more photo tonight. This is a shot of the front of our pickup this afternoon. You can see the driver's side mirror.

We're getting buried and we're lovin' it! We'll keep you posted on the totals. All is well in the snowy Keweenaw.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are enjoying it up there. One year we will come visit, but it will be in the summer. I think you guys are getting all the snow...which is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some of that LES snow here.....we have a big "pond" on the side of the house....does that count for a lake to get the LES? I wish!! Two winters of very little snow....I want a good snowstorm! As long as I can stay home in it! haha.......glad you are enjoying life in the U .P......

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.