Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Copper Harbor Lighthouse

Monday, October 1, 2012

7th Anniversary

It was a bit hazy and about 10 degrees cooler today than it was 7 years ago, but it was still a beautiful day in the Keweenaw.  We took the Vette out of the nursery and drove further up into the peninsula for our annual Keweenaw Color Tour.  The tip of the peninsula and the areas closer to Lake Superior don't change as quickly, so the colors are actually more vibrant south of us right now.  We always like to document the view on Brockway Mountain on October 1st, so here it is.

The card Steve gave me today said,

"I love looking back to where we began, seeing us as we were at the beginning, then thinking about all the memories we've made to bring us to where we are today. . .
I love anticipating the days ahead of us, wondering what we'll find in each other and in ourselves before another year has slipped away. . .
But, best of all, I love being with you where we are today - together writing the pages we'll remember tomorrow."

Didn't know he was so romantic, did you?  Thanks, honey, for 7 wonderful years!

All is well in the Keweenaw!

5 comments:

  1. Excuse me while I go get a tissue....Nice touch Steve, who took the picture? Just keep making those memories because Donna and me are going to keep popping in and out of them. We miss our friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet note. Some people from the Detroit area asked us to take their photo on Brockway Mountain, so Steve announced our anniversary and asked them to take our photo in return. I think you can tell it was quite windy up there - as usual!

    The locals are telling us the colors are the most vibrant they've seen in years. Wish you two were here to share them with us. The sky was the typical Keweenaw blue today and the big lake was sparkling and gorgeous, so we did a little more color touring. We took the truck, so Cocoa went along on her first color tour ever! We think she liked it, but she really wanted to get out and swim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this picture of you and Steve!! I knew he was a romantic.....and very determined!! hhaha....
    Haven't checked your blog in awhile, so its been fun catching up!! Always love your pictures.
    Hope to see you next time you are down here ! Let us know the dates when you know them please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. February - sometime between snowstorms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the picture of you and Steve. I really miss you guys and really miss calling you to talk.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you!
Comments are moderated to maintain a spam-free, family-friendly blog.